Ugh, it's been 4 months since Nintendo released the Wii. We didn't go out and get one the first night they were available and they've been impossible to find ever since. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 360 and the DS, but the Wii brings 2 things to the table in my mind. First, the control scheme is really cool and accessible. It's a system that a lot of people can enjoy playing, whereas non-gamers can really struggle with a system like the 360. Secondly, there's the great library of NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGraphics 16, and other older systems. There's a lot of SNES games that I'd like to get...
Unfortunately, unless you're willing to pay a $150 premium on eBay for one or don't happen to work during the day, they're impossible to find here in the Indy area. They seem to come in during the day and are gone within an hour from most of the places I've checked. Julie tried calling around every day for over a month trying to find one to no avail. We tried getting up early and going to get one a couple times on the weekend, but unless you're willing to get up at 5am and wait out in the cold, you don't get one.
I would have thought that Nintendo would have got their supply chain ramped up by now. Sony seems to have fixed their supply issues, but that has more to do with lack of demand ;) Anyone out there know how to get a Wii not through eBay?
We're heading to Dayton this weekend. Eric and Mary invited us over to their house this weekend to visit and go to the UD basketball game. We hope to check out campus - it's been a while since I've been on campus. I haven't seen Eric and Mary since they had their baby Arabella. It should be a fun weekend!
It's still going to be a bit before we find our good pics from the wedding. At 5 seconds a piece, it will take about 4 1/2 hours to go through them all :) We'll get them out here soon...
1 comment:
Brother,
Wishing you well on your quest for a Wii. Wait long enough and M & D will get you one for Christmas! :)
Love you,
Sara
Post a Comment