Just a quick note of "thanks" to all of our friends who helped support Cory and I through the unexpected loss of my cousin, Jason. He will be missed so much.
We found out late on Thursday night that he had passed away due to alcohol poisoning and possible "other" substances. He was only 19 years old and should not have died this death. It wasn't until after we found out about his death that we found out Jason had struggled with substance abuse for many years. So while it was a huge shock to us his immediate family had been aware of his struggles for awhile. I'm just so sad that we never knew until now and that all those times I/we were with him we were oblivious to his struggles and unable to talk with him & support him. I hope his friends learn from his death and don't suffer the same fate. I hope they go on to have healthy & productive lives...remembering the price that Jason paid to "party".
Jason was an amazing kid! He could seriously light up a room with his brilliant humor, warm smile and approachable personality. We would have the most amazing summers together growing up. He and his sister would come to IN to visit and we would spend so much time out on the lake, having sleep overs, watching movies and listening to music. I even remember the summer of '02 when I graduated from Purdue, he helped me celebrate my graduation by aiding me in "disposing" of my philosophy class work (which I hated so much!) and ex-boyfriend collections of pictures & notes.
His mom, my Aunt Susan, let me take a few flowers from the many bouquets they received so that I could press & dry them in order to put them in a frame with one of his pictures as a "memorial" photo that Cory and I can hang in our home. I'm so sad that our children won't get to know their wonderful "uncle" Jason.
Anyhow, just thank you again everyone for your kind words, support and prayers. It means the world to Cory and I.
1 comment:
Julie & Cory:
So sorry to hear about your loss. No words can change what has happened, but please know that your and your family are in my prayers.
Take care & hope to see you soon,
Cass
Post a Comment