As the title suggests, I have some good news to share, but also some bad news. Bad news always comes first for me, so here goes...On day #3 of my wonderful Christmas break I had many errands planned. The day started off with an oil change at Tom Wood Ford, this is where I purchased my Escape in '04 and the service there is great. So, as I'm walking into the service department, I slip on some black ice and come crashing down onto my left knee. ~OUCH~ I recovered quickly, mostly because I was embarrassed and then headed in the door and promptly yelled at the service manager for not having salt out...can you imagine what would have happened if I would have been carrying a baby or a young child?! So, they went out and salted the area. Fast forward to late afternoon and I'm home unloading groceries. As I have my hands full of bags, I'm approaching the steps to our townhome when, I slip and fall again! For the second time today, I land with all my weight on my left knee, and this time I start crying because not only does it hurt that bad, but I'm so flippin' frustrated that I fell again! I am NOT clumsy like this and the last time I fell was over 8 years ago! I made it inside and took 800mg of Advil right away, dried my eyes and went back to the unloading. My knee is seriously 10 shades of black and blue and nicely swollen! I've palpated it between icings and I feel confident that there's only soft tissue trauma and no fractures or ligament damage.
Now, how about some good news! I got my final grades for the semester and I received an "A" in each course! This is a huge success for me since this semester started off on such a personally challenging note. I also received word that I will be awarded my undergraduate teaching certificate because my portfolio was approved! I couldn't be more pleased.
It's really starting to sink in that I will be graduating very soon. And with graduation comes decision making about what type of job I want. I am keeping my options for post-grad employment open right now as Cory and I make some decisions about what we're going to pursue in '08, as that will really determine what positions I need to look for. I love clinical practice and get such satisfaction from being the NP...but then on the other hand, I find such joy in teaching and passing along all that I have learned that it is becoming a hard decision to make. Our prayer is that the path I am suppose to follow will be made clear to us.
Now, how about some good news! I got my final grades for the semester and I received an "A" in each course! This is a huge success for me since this semester started off on such a personally challenging note. I also received word that I will be awarded my undergraduate teaching certificate because my portfolio was approved! I couldn't be more pleased.
It's really starting to sink in that I will be graduating very soon. And with graduation comes decision making about what type of job I want. I am keeping my options for post-grad employment open right now as Cory and I make some decisions about what we're going to pursue in '08, as that will really determine what positions I need to look for. I love clinical practice and get such satisfaction from being the NP...but then on the other hand, I find such joy in teaching and passing along all that I have learned that it is becoming a hard decision to make. Our prayer is that the path I am suppose to follow will be made clear to us.
2 comments:
My right foot's big toe has great confidence that your knee will heal. Even if it does stay bruised for like 9 months. Ouchie!!!!
Aw sis, I'm sorry about the ice slips! I fell many times at BSU walking to class, but so did everyone else. Just take a empty tube of wrapping paper and yell funny things at people as they pass. It will make you feel better. :)
Post a Comment