Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An Exciting Night...

Tonight, most of Indiana was pummeled by strong storms, high winds, hail and quickly falling temperatures which is bringing on snow fall. Usually, I'm very "up" on the weather outlook, but since today was a clinical day for me, I never checked the forecast, so I was really surprised when I came home to find watches & warnings.

As soon as the sirens started going off here in Castleton, my protective streak kicked in and I got out the mag-light, grabbed our coats, Cory's meds, my purse, and my two thumb drives (with all my IU & Purdue work on them) and put them in the only safe place here in the townhome (the downstairs bathroom, which is under the stairwell) just in case. Then, as we were on the watch, I had to call my BFF (who lives in Broadripple) to make sure she knew what was going on. She kindly offered some basement space to Cory and I, as they were getting ready to head down there, but we knew there wasn't enough time to make it down there before the worst hit. So, after I knew she was okay and that we were set, I headed out to the front porch (just like my Dad does!) to watch the passing clouds...I wasn't out there for very long before the hail started coming down, it was only pea sized and mixed with rain, but as soon as my husband heard the hail, he came out after me and promptly dragged me backed in!

Thankfully, we didn't loose power and things here seemed to blow through quickly. Cory always seems to give me this little grin & head shake when I get overly protective during times like this, but the girl scout in me wants to always be prepared! I just smile back at him and say "just wait until we have babies"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's been a lot of that weather going around. And it can definitely help with babies to "be prepared"... though the little buggers will still find a way to defy your preparedness at least occasionally!