Saturday, February 23, 2008

Time for some updates!

Saturday is winding down and I'm happy to report that Cory is doing much better. He's been able to work from home these last few days and is getting relief from his meds for the discomfort. Although, he has had to endure some teasing from me each time he takes his "medicine" as it is the same treatment for genital herpes, which I've written a lot of prescriptions for lately in clinical, hehehe!

Things are right on track for closing on our new home. We have our final walk through on Wednesday afternoon and closing will be Thursday morning. Boxes are starting to pile up all around the townhome in anticipation for the move and we've got square upon square of paint swatches to take over to the house.

I've always had a nesting streak in me that is driven to make what ever place we're living in feel like "home", but it's really in overdrive right now! Thank goodness spring break is just around the corner because I have so many ideas for decorating & organizing our new house! In addition to being a nester, I'm quickly becoming foodie. I've been watching Food Network so much lately...especially "Momma" Paula Deen and Giada De Laurentiis. I just love listening to Paula Deen, she makes you feel like you're family watching her show...not to mention her fabulous recipes and sweet sons! I know that our new kitchen is going to get so much use!

In family news, my sister's husband Grant, is scheduled to be deployed in December this year. They're stationed in Oklahoma, so we don't get to visit often, but, they are coming home for 2 weeks in March and it will be so good to see them! Then, my brother has been accepted to the Coast Guard's prestigious rescue swimmer school in North Carolina and will be leaving for his training in a few short weeks. So, while he's in training, his wife and daughter will be moving back to Warsaw to be close to family...my parents are very happy to have their only grandbaby back in town! Cory's cousin AJ is still overseas in Iraq, but from all we've heard, he's staying strong and doing well. His sister, Sara, just moved into a new townhome in Rochester and is enjoying her new space, while his parents are enjoying having their space back and redoing a few of their rooms.

We're hoping to take a short day trip to Ohio here shortly to visit the Pottery Barn outlet store (the ONLY way to buy Pottery Barn!). And possibly a trip to the new Ikea store too.

Hope everyone has a restful weekend and we'll keep you all updated on the house progress!

No comments: