Wednesday, May 21, 2008

~*Good News*~

I received a call last evening from my family physician, yes his real name is Dr. House, and he had good news! My MRI results had been viewed and the radiologist did not see any evidence of tears or stress fractures, but he did say that my extensor tendon was severely inflamed and there was still notable edema surround the tissue - thus the cause of my continued pain. So, being diagnosed with tendonitis was good news to my ears, because it's so treatable with ice, anti-inflammatory meds and some PT. I already have thera-bands at home that I used back in my dancing days, so it sounds like it's time to pull them out and put them back to use! I do have a PT appointment for Tuesday morning next week, and even though I know I can work on my ROM here at home, I think having a professional assessment would be a great tool. So, I've been okay'ed to slowly start resuming my normal activities...this means I can make it to class tomorrow, yay! I'll continue to keep everyone updated, via our blog, about my progress. Now, I just have to get Cory okay with me wearing flip-flops again...he's convinced that it was their fault! And again, thanks to everyone for your continued support, prayers and checking in on me!

No comments: