Sunday, September 28, 2008

Julie's New Laptop

Hi everyone! As you can guess from the title, I got a new laptop - and I'm in love with it! She arrived 10 days ago, which was earlier than Dell had said and she is just perfect. Officially, she's a Dell XPS M1330 in White. So many features are new to me b/c my last laptop was pretty basic - I giggled when I was first looking at her b/c the first of these features I noticed is the biometric (fingerprint) scanner for security...you know how I have to protect my data from Cory, ha! Cory could tell you all the techie stats on her, but I can tell you that she is faster, sleeker, and lighter! And as an aside from the new laptop, I have to say how much Cory and I have been enjoying the new PC commercials from Microsoft. The new commercials are a pretty obvious comeback to the Apple commercials that stereotype PC users in an effort to appeal to a certain crowd. However, what we enjoy most is that the new PC commercials are a positive statement about PC users, so way to go Microsoft for finally coming out with a commercial to put Apple in it's place! Now with that said, Cory and I both agree with how much we enjoy our iPod's and using iTunes as our music applications - but damn, those commercials are down right annoying!

So, here are some pics of the NEW laptop compared to my old one:


The top view - my new one is the top one and from this shot it's hard to see much of a size difference:
Here is the side shot, and you're really able to see how much more compact my new one is:
Here is a shot of the differences in the screens, my new one is still a widescreen, but on the black bar across the top is a built in webcam:And finally here is a shot of the new desktop - the image is taken from one of the blogs that I have linked to ours call "The Black Apple". I just adore her whimsy images!

2 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

SEX-AY!

Anonymous said...

Very chic new laptop! I love the cream-colored cover. I'm thinking I might need me one too... :o)