Saturday, January 31, 2009

Yet another trip to the hospital...

First off, everything is fine. Julie went to work at the hospital yesterday and wasn't able to keep anything down in the afternoon. She threw up multiple times, got light headed and dizzy. One of the docs checked her out, said that she was dehydrated and should be on an IV. Julie called me after I was done with work and I met her at the hospital and we went up to triage to get one.


It took 3 tries to get the needle in, but once it was in she got an IV bag of regular fluids, a "banana bag" which has nutrients, electrolytes, and vitamins, and Zofran. It took a couple of hours, but Julie felt much better afterwards. We got home around 10:30pm, and we both collapsed into bed.

She's feeling better today, but still not great - I think she's still wiped out from yesterday. Only 1 1/2 weeks til she's off the Prometrium, which I'm hoping will help with the nausea. I've told Julie and the baby, no more trips to the hospital until August! :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh no! You poor girl! ugh....the needle thing just makes me sick for you. I know that hurt...probably cause you were dehydrated huh? Yuck. Hopefully everything is going to get better soon. Your first tri is almost OVER! Happy baby thoughts to you. :)