Wednesday, February 25, 2009

14 weeks!

Yesterday, I hit the 14 week mark - and things are going well. Apparently, I'm pregnant with a baby the size of a lemon, ha! I had a pre-natal visit on Monday that went great....no weight gain, good BP, urine was normal, good uterine growth and a FHR in the 160's! I talked with my OB about the round ligament pain, which is tolerable and my low back pain that's been cropping up lately. Just some history - in '02 (when I was working L&D) I herniated 2 discs in my low back and was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, which unfortunately runs in my family. Ever since, despite doing PT, my back will flare up causing severe pain & muscle spasms. Before I got pregnant, I could mange it with just anti-inflammatories and occasionally taking a muscle relaxant, but now, I cannot take either of those meds. **YIKES** So, after talking with my OB, I'm going to start PT again to try and be as proactive as possible and if my pain level really shoots up, he said that I can take a certain type of pain med.....but I would prefer not to if possible.

Cory and I have our "big" 2nd trimester ultrasound scheduled for the end of March & we cannot wait to find out if we're having a boy or girl!!!! We've been doing a lot of research on some of the bigger items needed for baby and I'm pretty sure that we've picked out our crib, carseat and stroller (travel system)....it's so exciting!!! We're still holding out on any "real" purchases until after our US in March, but we're using this time to get ready :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayy! I just can't believe everything! I'm so excited for you and Cory. I know how much this little one means to you both. And I want you to know how much he/she means to me also! I am just so happy that this is finally happening for you both! You deserve this more than anybody. I can't wait to hear whether it's a boy or a girl :) I love hearing about everything that is going on since I can't be there.

Love Kara

Jules said...

Kara - you words brought tears to my eyes *hugs* thank you so much for what you said, it means the world to Cory & I :) Love & miss you.

Anonymous said...

I am still so happy that you guys are pregnant! I love reading about all of the developments. I hope to see you soon and give you and baby Albert a BIG hug! xoxo!

Cassie