Friday, May 15, 2009

Pre-natal Visit Today

Hi everyone :) Today, we're 25w3d along and I had a regularly scheduled pre-natal visit this afternoon. Cory was able to meet me there, which was SO nice. Owen is doing wonderfully! He's still breech, moving a lot and growing perfectly. Since we're getting close to 28wks (the start of the 3rd trimester), I scheduled my 1hr glucola test for the next visit (a screening test for gestational diabetes) and our 28wk growth US for Owen. With me having lupus anticoagulant it puts Owen at a slightly higher risk for being small for gestational age....so we decided to start following his growth at 28wks to keep an eye on it. Thankfully though so far, he is measuring right on track, and we're hoping that because I've been on my lovenox since the day we found out we were pregnant will really decrease the chances of Owen being small.

I'm doing well too! Still NO weight gain at 25wks! I seriously can fit into most of my pre-preg clothes, but have made the transition to mainly maternity clothing now. I've been having some issues with drinking enough fluid during the day though....I'm just not thirsty, so I've not been drinking a lot. I had a huge wake up call earlier this week when I started to have some braxton-hicks contractions because of not getting enough fluid. They subsided as soon as I hydrated myself and rested, but were a bit scary nonetheless. Then today at the OB, my urine looked to be on the dehydrated side as well, so this is my new challenge...getting enough to drink.
My BP was within the normal range today, but it was elevated a bit above where it's been at past visits, so my OB asked me to come in next week for a BP check before we leave for our long weekend in NY. I've not had any problems with swelling (yay!) and can still wear all my normal shoes and my rings :) I have started getting some heart palpitations - which are totally NORMAL during pregnancy because of the increased circulating blood volume - but it sucks, ha! They go away as quickly as they start, but it feels really uncomfortable, kinda like an anxiety attack...but thankfully, it's not an everyday thing and they don't last long. The only really frustrating thing I've been "dealing" with is the change in my energy levels...I'm a bit more fatigued than usual and it's tougher to do as much as I'm used to doing. I know it's a normal part of late pregnancy, but I'm stubborn and will still try to "push" through it rather than listening to my body....poor Cory, he just rolls his eyes at me and tells me that I have to slow down!

So, all in all, we're doing great and just plugging along. We're *so* excited to leave for New York next week and get to see all the Alberts again. We'll be gone from Friday - Monday, so a short visit, but it will still be great.

No comments: