Hi :) This is JULIE posting...yes, the laboring momma is posting a blog b/c I really need to do something "normal" to help me cope with the anxiety & pain right now...thank goodness for the laptop! So, here's the latest:
A picture of Owen's FHR tracing and my contractions from earlier in the evening:
A picture of Owen's FHR tracing and my contractions from earlier in the evening:
- About an hour ago, I had to ask for some pain meds b/c since 6p the cervadil has been making me contract every 2-3min and they're lasting 60-80 sec. My RN gave me Nubain through my IV and it has helped SO much, however, it's starting to wear off a bit and I'm now back to saying "owwwwwwwww" & squishing up my face with each contraction.
- They've not rechecked my cervix yet, we're trying to wait until later in the morning when the cervadil is scheduled to come out....but if I need more pain meds before then, they will check my cervix to see if there has been any change.
- My BP's have been doing great so far at the hospital - I'm not even getting any meds for them right now.
- We spent about 30 min speaking with one of the Neonatologists here at St. V's this evening - apparently the NICU is totally swamped and almost at capacity, so we were so thankful that one of the MD's was able to take time to come over and talk to us. He basically said that at 35wks, Owen's main concerns will be temp regulation, good feeding and not getting too tired with breathing efforts. He said that there is a good chance that Owen won't even go to the NICU or the continuing care nursery, but if he did need some extra support that he would be more likely to go to the continuing care nursery which is on the same unit as post partum, so at least we would be together.
- Cory has been wonderful - but he's exhausted & is trying to get some sleep in the pull out chair in our labor room....lucky!
- I'm getting tired, but my hips, back and lower abdomen hurt too bad to be able to sleep...plus, when I lay down on a side to try and get in a more sleep like position, we have a hard time keeping either Owen or my contractions on the monitor.
- Our RN, Anne is seriously WONDERFUL :) She is taking great care of us and knows the right things to say to this stubborn patient :)
No comments:
Post a Comment