Friday, July 17, 2009

Pre-Natal Classes = FAIL

Hi everyone :) So, more drama to report from this pregnant momma (hehe, sorry, I couldn't resist the lame rhyming). On Wednesday night this week, Cory and I were attending our first pre-natal class, Newborn Care. Everything was fine when we arrived, we picked up all our materials, found our seats and I even had a chance to chat with our instructor, who I knew :) Then about 30min into the class, I had a really bad episode of lightheadedness - and we had just eaten dinner, I had been drinking plenty of water and Owen was moving all around. So, Cory and I wrote little notes back and forth to each other, trying to decide what to do & not wanting to interrupt class....however, I felt like I was getting so close to passing out that I needed to lay down :( So, in the middle of class, I had to raise my hand and explain to our instructor that we needed to leave & I wasn't sure if we would be coming back.

Thankfully, just outside the classroom is the large lobby with tons of cushy couches - and I had just happened to bring a pillow with me (to use for my back during class), so after laying down for about 15min, I was feeling much better. Of course, while I was laying down a few nurses I know and the director of education at the hospital walked by and checked in on us...they were so sweet, but I was embarrassed.

We decided to not go to our next class on Thursday night b/c I had been having lightheadedness during the day at home already, and we really didn't want a repeat of Wednesday night...I'm so disappointed that Cory had to miss out on this first time parent right of passage :( So, our back up plan is to watch a few childbirth prep DVD's from Netflix at home together and St. V's has a great lending library if we need other resources. Plus, even though it's hard for Cory to not see me as "the patient" he does have a former L&D RN and WHNP for a wife who can talk him through any situation that might come up :)

No comments: