Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day in Warsaw

Owen and I spent this past Saturday & Sunday in Warsaw with my parents. It was a short trip, but it gave Cory some much needed time to rest & get a few things done...plus, it was so fun to take Owen to his Grandma's & Grandpa's house for the first time!

Here he is showing off his "Mommy" tattoo :)

Sweet Grandma Arbaugh holding Owen for the first time:

Grandma & Grandpa Arbaugh with Owen:

There's silly Papa Rick - he was able to get Owen to make the cutest faces! In this picture, Owen is just mesmerized by the ceiling fan!

Owen almost smiling at Mommy:

Big yawns:

The weekend flew by, but it was a great visit. We weren't able to go for any walks around the lake because the mosquitos were SO bad. We did however get to dine on some yummy Pizza King! Most of the weekend was spent cuddling and watching Owen's reactions & expressions to everything....however, a HUGE thank you goes out to my mom for staying up with Owen on Saturday evening while I slept, boy did I need it and I feel so much better now :)

Unfortunately, since it was just a short visit, Owen wasn't able to meet everyone in the family...Grandma & Grandpa White came over for a short visit along with a few of Owen's cousins, and they were sure sweet to him! His Aunt & Uncle Hayden gave Owen his first baby Bible and a super cool phonics program for little ones....thank you guys!

Owen did great on the drive up to Warsaw - slept the whole way and didn't hear a peep out of him, however the drive home was a real challenge. He had 2 HUGE crying fits where I had to pull over to try and comfort him. At one point, I was crying just as much as he was knowing that I just needed to get him home. With his colic, it's just so hit or miss with how he's going to be feeling and what will & won't work for him - so for now I'm glad that we'll be staying put at home.

No comments: