Thursday, November 12, 2009

A weekend with the NY grandparents!

This past weekend, Cory's parents drove down from NY for a visit with their grand baby :) It was such a nice surprise to find out that they were planning a visit since Owen has changed SO much since his baptism.

Even though it was a short visit we all made the most of it....especially Grandma and Owen


The three of us are planning to drive to NY for Thanksgiving this year which means we'll be spending Christmas here in IN. So, Owen's Gma & Gpa did some Christmas shopping for the little guy and couldn't resist giving him a few of his presents while they were here. Even though he's a little small for it right now, here's Owen in his awesome exersaucer!


He wasn't so sure about it then - but as he grows we know he'll love it! We had to make a promise to Gma & Gpa that we would wait to open the rest of Owen's gifts until Christmas day...oh the suspense!!!

Having Cory's parents here gave us the chance to do a few of our big house projects and enjoy an evening out together. Friday, the two of us went out for dinner and then spent the rest of the evening in a random Starbucks just relaxing & reading until we were too tired to keep our eyes open anymore. Then on Saturday, Cory and I explored our garage attic for the first time and found that we're able to store A LOT up there! There's no plywood on the floor yet (to support heavier items) but we were able to store a good amount of light weight things up there. Then we reorganized all the garage shelving and went through a few of our hodge-podge bins which felt GREAT! I now have a shelf to myself where I can organize all our extra paper products, food items and baby things AND Cory was willing to let me label certain shelves & storage drawers to help KEEP things even more organized :)

Then on Sunday we decided to rearrange the office - well, really it was Cory agreeing to help me rearrange it because he was fine with the original layout :) So now the desk is centered on the red wall with a bookshelf on either side - I'll post pics as soon as we get everything hung up on the walls....another project in itself, ugh! Once everything was moved I took the evening to go through a HUGE box of random pictures and small picture frames that both Cory and I have avoided doing for a long time. It was a mix of both of our photos over a span of many years. I was able to turn that huge random box into 4 very well organized and labeled photo albums :) Another project checked off the list!

So, thanks again to Gma & Gpa Albert for visiting and helping Cory and I get some things done - it feels great to it finally have it done :)

No comments: