Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Sickies

Owen and I went to the Peds today and turns out that he has a double ear infection. He started antibiotics this afternoon - which brought back memories for me of "pink bubble gum medicine" (aka - liquid amoxicillin) which is what we called it as kids! We're being careful to watch him for RSV as well since he was a 35 week preemie and has a horrible cough & nasal congestion on top of the ear infection. Thankfully no fever over the last 6 days so we hope this trend continues. Before Dr. Riddell could actually visualize his ear drums, he had to clean out his ears b/c he had some wax build up. Owen just sobbed and kept reaching for me the whole time, which made me cry to see my baby so uncomfortable. We did check his weight today and Owen is up to 17lbs 5oz. Thankfully we were in and out of the quickly.

Being sick has not stopped him from the chomping frenzy!

Or the need to play!

Cory and I have the sickies too - but we're doing better after seeing our doc yesterday. I never dreamed of how hard it would be to have a sick child, sick husband, be sick myself and try to get everything done....there should be a rule for all viruses & infections that states "Mommies are NOT allowed to get sick"!

I did make it out of the house this weekend to get a much needed haircut :) I would have gladly paid my hairstylist extra $$ to have given me a longer scalp massage - ahhh, that was heaven!

We're looking forward to having our NY family here on Thursday - Owen has changed so much since the last time they saw him! Then next weekend, Owen is going to have his first overnight with my parents in Warsaw, while Cory and I stay here to get somethings done :) Thank the lord for family!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Super cute hair! Poor Owen with the ear infection! He and Riley are ear infection buddies! The amyxocillin totally brought me back to my childhood too! Funny how with all of the advances in medicine they still give "pink bubble gum" medicine for ear infections. Hope you guys are on the mend soon too!

Mrs KS said...

I think we had the same day, minus the haircut. LO was congested and coughing all weekend, fever of 101.5F. Seemed like a virus and he was getting better so we took him to his 4 month check up today and he has an ear infection on top of the cold. I had no idea...he wasn't pulling or smacking at his ears and gave no indication...I felt like the worst mommy and the worst nurse ever. I don't know what I'd do if he were ever seriously ill. He doesn't seem to like the bubble gum Amox as much as I recall liking it. ;) Hope your LO gets well soon!

Unknown said...

Hope everyone is feeling better. Love the pictures! Any new pictures from the visit from Grandma & Grandpa Albert?