Thursday, April 8, 2010

Catching up on Owen updates

Owen really has changed SO much over the last few months. His little personality is really starting to shine through! We've discovered that he is going to be an "outside" kiddo, meaning he LOVES being outside. So, as much as we've been able, we'll play & rock on the front porch, and take walks each day. Luckily, we've had the weather to be able to do that lately.
(Playing outside on the front porch during a sunny day)

Owen LOVES to eat :) He's getting more baby food than formula at this point. His pincer grasp is pretty accurate now that we've started giving him puffs with each meal. We're still working on the "green" veggies, but he seems to like everything else we've given him. Owen has his two bottom teeth and I have to say that at first I thought I would be a little sad once his teeth came in because he would loose his baby gummy smile, but those two little teeth are just the cutest thing to see when he smiles!

(All bundled up for a walk on a chilly day)

He sleeps between 10-12hrs a night and is taking 3-4 naps a day. We've finally moved up to size 3 diapers and are loving the new pampers sensitive swaddlers in the bigger sizes (yes, I'm a diaper snob b/c I hate how rough the other diapers feel!). He's wearing size 9mo-12mo clothes but believe it or not, he can still fit into size 6 carter's onesies...but probably not for much longer.
(Out and about on another walk - chomping of course!)

When we go for walks, Owen sits up in his stroller like a big boy! When we go out to eat, we put him in the restaurant high chair, which he does SO much better in rather than just sitting in his car seat. Owen has become very verbal at home with Cory and I. He just makes the sweetest sounds & squeals when he's happy. He loves it when we blow in his face & will get the biggest smile! He loves it when we play "pillow bombs" and drop pillows on top of him!
(Sitting in the highchair at BW-3's for the first time and loving it!)

Our next pediatrician appointment is in about 2 weeks, so we'll have some growth updates to share then. Owen continues to be a bean pole - tall & lean. He is SO strong too - sometimes I'm surprised at how much strength he shows when he's straining to get to something. He can sit up perfectly on his own and he can roll around, but we're still working with him on crawling. He can get his knees up under him, but usually will just rock back and forth.

We feel so blessed to have this little guy :) Can't believe another one is on the way!

1 comment:

Allie said...

Love the Owen pics, he's so adorable. I felt the same way when Riley was cutting her first two teeth, I loved that gummy grin and since she had it for 13 months, I was quite used to it. But those two teeth are quite adorable on the little ones!