Monday, April 5, 2010

Just a little news :)

For those of you who may not have heard yet...we're pregnant with baby Albert #2! This little one was a lovely surprise, ha! Yes, insert the "don't you know how this happens" jokes here! We're due October 15th, but know that we could deliver anytime from mid-Sept since Owen was a 35wk baby. Owen and his baby brother or sister will be 15-16 months apart :)

So far, things have been going just fine. None of the drama like we had with Owen's 1st trimester. We had an ultrasound done around 8wks and baby looked great. My nausea (and vomiting, ugh) has finally been lightening up over the last week or so, but for about 8wks it was just miserable. I'm doing my lovenox shots daily - just like I did with Owen's pregnancy and they're going great...despite my bruised tummy! We'll find out the sex as soon as we're able - which will be around early June. I just started feeling little baby flutters - which I think feel like popcorns popping :)

When we first found out that we were pregnant again, I went into total freak out mode - we had just really gotten the hang of parenting Owen and were starting to thrive rather than survive....and now another one on the way!?!?! But now that things have had time to settle in we're just feeling so very blessed and fortunate to be able to have a second child. I still have momentary freak outs of having 2 under 2, but I just remind myself that we'll be getting all the diapers, bottles and baby food out of the way at just about the same time and since they'll be so close in age how wonderful that will be for them & hopefully they'll be best of friends.

Thank you to all of our friends & family for your prayers over these last 3 months :)

3 comments:

Allie said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

So glad to see an update and new pictures!I pretty much check daily so I don't miss an update. Owen just gets cuter and cuter.:) So glad the nausea is easing and praying that that the rest of the pregnancy is easier. Love and hugs. Aunt Chick

Ann said...

CONGRATULATIONS! The Hannans are so happy for all of you. Let's get together soon!!!