Sunday, May 2, 2010

The end to another weekend

Can't believe it's the end of another weekend. Owen's doing great - he got to spend both Monday and Friday this week with Miss Tessa. Tessa and I have known each other for just about forever and our dad's grew up as best friends. I've never seen Owen warm up to anyone so quickly as he did for Tessa! We're very thankful to have her as a part of our lives and extremely appreciative for the love she shows Owen.

Here's Owen eating puffs for Tessa :)

Friday was my last week of OB clinicals for Purdue. It's so bittersweet. I always feel like I have just finally gotten to really know & understand each student by the time the end of the semester arrives, which makes it hard to say good-bye. There is nothing more rewarding as a teacher than watching your students gain confidence in themselves and show such genuine compassion towards their patients. I'm so proud of each of my girls and know that regardless of whether or not they choose OB as their profession, that they will carry on the tradition of exemplary nurses from Purdue.

On Saturday, Cory and his friend Gabe decided to spend the afternoon together - so Owen and I decided to go visit our L&D friends at St. V's Women's. Even though I'm not part of their team anymore, I feel so lucky to be able to work side-by-side with them through my students. So, anyhow, they were so sweet to Owen and I and just let us hang out and chat with them. Since clinicals are over now, I guess we'll just have to keep dropping by for more visits to stay in touch with everyone!

This is Owen with Jenny, one of my former students and my teaching assistant from this semester. She graduates in less than a week (yay!) and was just hired by St. V's Women's in L&D! I'm so proud of you Jenny! We'll look for you when we're coming in for our C/S in October!

Today has been a very challenging day for me. Without going into too many specifics, I was violently sick for about 4hrs this morning and then spent the rest of the afternoon in bed. I know it will get better, but it seems to just keep going on and on with no end in sight, ugh. Thanks to my wonderful husband for taking care of Owen for most of the day while I rested :)

1 comment:

D said...

Owen looks so precious here! I so need some Owen-loving soon!!!!!!!!!