Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our (almost) eleven month old!

On Cory's birthday (6/22), Owen will turn eleven months old! I know I say this every month, but he has changed SO much since our last updates post. We won't have another Peds visit until he turns a year old, so no new growth updates, but here is what Owen has been up to:
  • He is crawling FAST everywhere
  • He can pull himself to a stand on almost anything
  • When standing (supported) he'll let go to try and reach things
  • He loves playing with and throwing balls (a true boy!)
  • He is saying "mama"!!!!
  • His front two top teeth have broken through (total now = 4 teeth)
  • He is finally interested in books and really likes ones that are touch & feel or that have lots of faces
  • He continues to LOVE being around other people, especially his grandparents and Miss Tessa
  • He likes to find toys that will roll on the kitchen floor so he can chase after them
  • He's become aware of food textures and is in a crunch food stage right now - does NOT want anything that is wet or squishy
  • He can hold his own bottle but still likes to throw it - we're working on sippy cups
  • He continues to love being outside or on "adventures" which is what we call running errands!
  • Still in size 3 diapers
  • Now taking Gentlease Enfagrow formula for 10mo olds + (rather than infant formula)
  • Totally into everything electronic, just like his daddy
  • Loves this one episode of Baby Einstein called "Baby Beethoven" and associates our laptop computers with watching it (since that was originally how we would watch it - free from youtube)
  • We had to do some sleep training with Owen over the last few months so that he could get accustom to NOT being rocked to sleep every night - this has been going well and he can (for the most part) soothe himself to sleep at both nap time and bed time
I'm sure that there's more I'm forgetting, but these are the big updates. He is such a joyful and happy little guy (especially now that those teeth are through!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how you think I'm a super mom, but yet I never have I ever posted all updates as u do. Bravo!