Again, I can't believe I'm talking about my little 6lb 5oz baby boy being a ONE year old! It blows my mind still! We had his one year well baby visit this week and I've got some updates to share since it's been awhile :)
Here's my "baby" standing at the window waving at the cars going by ~
Here's my "baby" standing at the window waving at the cars going by ~

12 Month Updates:
- 21lbs - still in the 50th percentile for weight
- 31 in - which puts him in the 75th percentile for height!
- We're holding off on the MMR/Varicella vax until his 16mo appointment
- He can say "momma", "dada", "nana" and lots of silly babbling
- He can wave when we say "hi" or "bye-bye"
- When we say "shake-shake" he will shake whatever he is holding in his hands
- He can pull to stand with minimal effort, walk along the edges of anything in reach and has balanced a few times after letting go!
- Moved up to size 4 diapers
- He's eating more table/finger food than purees now
- We're making the switch from his baby formula to whole milk this weekend
- He has 5 teeth but #6 is SO close to coming out
- He can make fishy face (so cute!)
- He can sleep through the night but for the last week or so he'll get up once for a bottle and some cuddles then go back to sleep
- Still doing 3 short naps/day
Don't let the sweet face in the picture below fool you...Owen had his first temper tantrum this week over my iPhone. He's obsessed with anything electronic (the TV, phones, laptops, cords and such) and somehow I left my phone in his reach, so what does he do - he grabs it of course! It took me a minute before I saw what he was playing with and when I took it away he threw himself on the floor, screaming and crying, kicking his little legs for about 2 minutes! Usually we can distract him easily with a new toy but NOT this time. He still seemed pissed at me once the tantrum was over (at least until after his next nap) - I was so NOT ready for this.
2 comments:
Just wait for his first public temper tantrum! That's a treat! ;)
he obviously favors mac over pc.
Post a Comment