So, this past weekend, Cory and I were rudely reminded why it is we rarely go to Castleton Square Mall! Here's the list we compiled:
1. Dodging the stroller patrols is seriously annoying.
2. Stubborn hall hoggers who refuse to shift from the center of the isle to a side and then give you dirty look if you don't move out of their way.
3. Independence-hungry teens trying to show off their social skills in the inevitable group of teens that tends to move like a school of fish playing follow the leader.
4. The dregs of Indianapolis society who tend to linger at the food court...ugh.
5. Those annoying & over-eager kiosk sales associates, I'm sorry but no, I really don't want you offering to straighten my hair or try your new miracle facial cream in the middle of the mall...and please stop following me in the pathetic attempt to convince me to change my mind, you're just pissing me off.
This is just a vent - and not to be taken seriously :)
2 comments:
OMG, I totally agree!!! And Castleton seems to be the worst.
1. Ok seriously, do you really need a stroller the size of a freaking Buick? How bout you do yourself and the rest of us a favor and leave the kids at home. My parents didn't take me to the mall until I was old enough to walk on my own and I turned out just fine. Also, don't let your kids just run all willy-nilly all over the place, I know they make leashes for kids now. You may be the proudest parent in the world, but the rest of us are annoyed. Then I get to wait on your car spot for 45 minutes while you try to fold your Buick into something more the size of a Miata and shove said Miata in your grocery getting Dodge Caravan. The whole process just seems exhausting, and how much shopping did you actually get done? Perhaps you bought your 4-year-old a new boa and glittery red gloss from Prost-i-tots? (Libby Lu's) And in 10 years when she is dressing like a hootch, you'll be wishing you'd invested in the sitter and left the kid at home.
2. Treat the hallway at the mall like traffic. Stay on the right. If you are going in and out of stores, stay to the far right. If you are wanting to take the fast route, stay towards the center. Of course as with all traffic, you will have bad drivers...weaving all over the place, paying more attention to there cell phone or pretzel...
3. Don't you love how those "independent" teens are waving daddy's credit card. Get out of the hall and get behind the counter and work you little snot. Trust me, I went to the mall with my friends in HS too, but we were civilized and we shopped, spending the money we made at our aftershool jobs. We didn't waste our precious mall time lingering the hallways. We spent our hours in dressing rooms! (Right Julie!!!-especially prom season!)
4. The food court is there for you to eat and leave. Nothing else...unless you've scheduled a birthday party and those reservable tables. If not, eat your fries and move. Yes, there is a playland, so if you are playing, go do that. And if your 2-year-old appears to be finger painting with his ketchup all over the table, why don't you use a baby wipe and clean up the mess. I know you have baby wipes in the suitcase of baby-phenilla you are toting around in that Buick of a stroller.
5. Seriously, if I need my nails buffed, I'll go get a manicure. And learn to speak English. If I want my hair straightened, I'll go to my Travis @ Dreamweaver, (best hair dude in Indy!) I'm certainly not going to let someone with the IQ of a turnip close to my head with a sizzling hot stick. No thanks. Oh, and I don't want to take your survey either.
****This is just a follow up to a Blog, which means I can write anything I want. If I've offended you...then I'm sorry you are wasting your time being offended over a stupid vent. A blog is a space for a person to speak their mind. If you don't like what they have to say then don't read it. It is really that simple. Or if you want, just go vent about it in your own blog...that is the beauty of blogging.****
I have the same issues at the mall here in Lawton too Sis! I know you have nothing against people who use strollers or carts, its just the few who don't pay attention to where they are going and bump into you that sour my time at the mall. (also those who don't take care to move their cart/strollers out the isles and walkways) I hate to accidentally run into a cart with a child in it, but it always seems to happen to me when I go shopping in busy places because some folks think that they are the only shoppers in the store. Your bit about the pre-teens was hilarious! You write the funniest blogs!
Post a Comment