Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Future Purdue Professor?

On Tuesday, I mailed my official application and professional portfolio to Dr. Julie Novak (our Dean) to review for a faculty position at Purdue University School of Nursing. My mentor, who is a current Purdue professor and I decided that it was time to take this step. Now, I've been a clinical instructor for Purdue in the past, teaching OB clinicals at Home Hospital in W. Lafayette, IN and most recently I've been a guest lecturer for the high risk OB module. I have great hope and confidence that the examples of work I provided in my portfolio and my past performance with Purdue will increase my likelihood of an offer. While I still have one year left in my Master's program, I am hoping to resume teaching with Purdue this fall. They may or may not need more faculty until the next school year, which would be okay...I'm just anxious to get back into teaching! In the mean time, I'm still working full time with Northwest OB Gyn Associates as the peri-natal nurse educator and I have the opportunity to join the St. Vincent's Hospital perinatal education team this fall if I choose. So, there are plenty of doors opening for me, which I am thankful for, but I am holding out to hear from Purdue!

No comments: