Monday, April 16, 2007

A Secret Turned Surprise!

This evening, my husband and his parents (who had been conspiring together for about a week) gave me such a wonderful & heartwarming surprise! Our cousin Amanda is expecting her first child this summer on July 11th. We know it's a boy and his name will be "John". Since we're all about 4 states away from each other we haven't been able to see Amanda or any of Cory's family since our wedding in October. Well, it turns out that Amanda's shower for baby John is on May 19th and since Cory and I were not planning a trip to New York until the 4th of July, we were going to miss it...or so I thought until tonight!

Cory's parents are planning to fly me out to New York from May 18th-May 20th so that I can be there with the rest of the Albert family women as we celebrate this new addition to the family and Amanda's welcoming into motherhood! I am truly touched and overwhelmed by Mom & Dad Albert's generosity and love. Saying that I feel blessed sounds like an understatement. The Albert's have shown me unconditional love that a parent gives their child since the first day I met them, almost two years ago! I don't think of them as "in-laws" they truly are my second family.

This will be my first trip to New York without Cory...but before you feel sorry for the guy, let me just remind you that he'll have the whole weekend to himself, with the exception of the 40" LCD HD TV, the Wii and his Xbox 360. Needless to say, I know what he'll be doing while I'm in New York, hehehe!

We love you Mom & Dad Albert! Can't wait to see you next month and celebrate baby John & Amanda!

No comments: