Cory and I were able to go to my hometown of Warsaw, IN this past weekend, and it was a much needed change of pace. It's hard to make yourself slow down sometimes and just enjoying ~being~. Life at the Albert house pretty much revolves around the typical schedule of work, school, homework and chores...the staples of most family life, so it was nice to break the status quo.
As soon as we arrived at my parents house the smell of early spring and the lake was instantly relaxing. It sounds silly to describe it this way, but the smell of the grass, the lake and my parents house just reminds me of all the lazy summers spent with my brother and sister before we were married and responsible adults. I would like to think that one day Cory and I will be able to live on or nearby the water so that our children can experience what I was able to growing up.
During our trip one of our stops was to the little town of Lake Webster. For those of you who know my dear husband, you can understand the strife we go through trying to find the guy shoes that fit. It just so happens that there is a shoe store in Lake Webster that carries shoe sizes up to a 20! So, it's pretty much become a regular stop for us during visits home to check out their shoe selection. Another one of our regular stops during visits home is to Winona Lake. Warsaw and Winona Lake are synonymous with each other really. They have a quaint little shopping village on the lake and a peninsula with many lake homes and cottages. Ever since I was a little girl I've had a fascination with one them, which is named the "Kilarny Castle". It's right out on the peak of the peninsula and overlooks the whole lake. It's a deep and tall home with spires and towers reminiscent of medieval architecture...and I love it! It was for sale a few years ago, needless to say, I was not the buyer! However, I can't shake this feeling that one day if it goes up for sale again, that Cory and I might look into it :) Wishful thinking perhaps...
I could get used to lazy weekends like this again, only 12 more months until graduation!
1 comment:
awww...you are making me want to go to the 'Saw and then drive around the island past the castle...ohhhhh and some B&K cheese fries. mmmmm.
Post a Comment