The Cozy Fireplace....

Our Room with a View (and two person hot tub!)...

On Sunday, we drove down to the coastal town of Saugatuck to do some sightseeing. We found a shop that sold vintage prints of food/wine/travel advertisements and picked out two that we liked. We also found a sidewalk cafe/bistro called "The White House", I should have taken our picture by their sign for my father! Later that day we drove a little further down the coast line to visit South Haven. South Haven was celebrating their annual "Harbor-fest" this weekend so there was a lot going on. I think Cory and I walked close to 5 miles that day just trying to see it all! There were blocks upon blocks of unique shops and artist stands, live music playing, all kinds of boats & ships coming through the harbor and many interesting people to watch. A few times during the afternoon we gave up trying to walk everywhere and instead found a shady spot to rest in and enjoy the atmosphere and the lake breeze. It was *hot* all weekend...the breeze from the lake made it bearable, but a few times Cory and I were tempted to just jump in the lake and cool off!
Here we are at the end of the South Haven Pier...overlooking Lake Michigan...ready to jump in the water and cool off!
Asides from the sightseeing and shopping, we had some fantastic fare during our visit. In South Haven, we ate the Amicarelli Vineyard which is a locally owned & family run Italian restaurant. As fate would have it, we were seated at the same booth that we first had dinner in last October! In Holland, we had a late dinner at Boatwerks which is situated on Lake Macatawa. Here are some of our pictures from that area:
Sitting on the pier...waiting to be seated
One of the more "unique" sea-crafts!
We had such a great time just relaxing with each other, getting some sun and taking in the local sites. And while we're going to miss being on the lake and taking lazy evening walks on the beach, we're happy to be home again.

2 comments:
I LOVE Holland... What a fun weekend you two had!! The bed and breakfast looks fabulous. I'd love to go there some day with a special guy... :) Miss you!
Wow sis! It looks like you guys had a wonderful and fun weekend getaway together. Holland looked so beautiful from the pictures, and the room you stayed in was so lavish! I'm glad you both had a great time.
Post a Comment