It's been a long 8 months since I last saw my parents. The last time I saw them was at our wedding, since we had to use all of our vacation time for our honeymoon. This past weekend my parents and my Aunt Linda came to visit us. It was so good to have them around! They all looked great and mom has lost over 50 pounds!
On Friday we took them to Chilis and showed them the changes we had made to the apartment since they were last here. On Saturday we got up early and headed up to Warsaw for their first visit there. We all ended up going to our niece Gwen's 1st birthday party. It was a lot of fun and my parents got to catch up with Julie's family. We took them around the lake on Rick and Becky's boat, showed them around town, and had dinner at the Boathouse. It went by way too quick. On Sunday we headed out and did some shopping, went and saw Pirates of the Carribean 3, and had dinner. Those 2 days went by so fast...
It was sad to see them go, but we're comforted in the fact that we'll get to see them again at the end of the month for a week. That's the one thing that stinks about living in Indiana - I don't get to see my family much. But I treasure the time we do get to spend together.
I love you guys!
PS, for my thoughts on Pirates 3, check out this Ask a Ninja review. He hits the nail right on the head :)
1 comment:
Everyone's a pirate! Cracken, Cracken, Cracken!!
Post a Comment