It's been in the planning stages for awhile now, but I finally had the time to devote to going through our digital wedding photos, making prints, shopping for frames and with the help of my dear husband, hanging our wedding photos and some family photos up on the wall! I'm so pleased with the results! (sorry about the funny lighting)
Then, the next project I wanted to do was create a wedding shadow box. This was a bittersweet project for me because it required me to go through EVERYTHING we kept from our engagement, wedding planning, ceremony and reception....then decide what parts to keep and what parts to purge. I held on to everything, even down to the smallest scrap of ribbon. The entire process took about 3 hrs. The bags of wedding "stuff" were trimmed down significantly by the end of it. So, here is the final product:
Then, as I was going through all our wedding "stuff", I realized our cake topper should be put out with my other Willow Tree figurines, and after Christmas (having received many new figurines) I needed to give them a new home, on top of the bookshelf.
The last project to be done was the hanging of a very appropriate sign that was picked up in New York that states "Laundry Gathers Here"...need I say more!
Tomorrow my spring semester officially starts (for both Purdue and IU) and it's back to the insane pace of being a final year Graduate student and clinical professor. I am so grateful for the break I've had over these last 3 weeks. I had forgotten how good it felt to not be a student! However, I am ready to get started again because that means that the end is even closer...
2 comments:
I love your Willow Tree collection. I have one that is not very big, but growing. And your wedding shadow box was beautiful!
Your shadow box turned out gorgeous! I love it! I just started back to school this week and it is sooooo overwhelming. I may have a nervous breakdown in the near future! Good luck with your semester.
Post a Comment