This seems to the main theme to life right now. And sometimes, facing all the waiting can get you down. My Dh will be the first to verify that I am *not* a very patient person, and yes, I know that patience is a great virtue, but it's something I've always struggled with. Saturday was a tough day for me...for some reason, all the weight of our two miscarriages, the whole grad school-board certification-job hunting stuff, and waiting on our closing date to finally arrive started getting to me.
It was already a late night for Dh and I on Saturday and when it came time to go to bed, I just couldn't settled down. I was sad, frustrated and impatient...an awful combination. So, Dh and I went for a drive just to get some air and talk through things, which landed us at Denny's for some pancake therapy and free entertainment by the early AM drunk crowd (not us, hehehe, the "other" people there). That is one of nice things about not having children yet...that Dh and I can take off whenever we want and do anything we want since it's just the two of us...and perhaps even greater than that is that fact that we can just focus on each other and always be the center of each others attention (not that we aren't DYING to have our own babies, but trying to stay focused on the positives).
After our belly's were full of midnight pancakes, we decided to drive by our new house. It was actually nice to see our new neighborhood at night time. The streets were well lit and everything seemed peaceful. The house looked just as gorgeous in the moonlight as is does during the day. From what we could see, it looked like the sellers had started moving their things out. I wish our close date would just hurry up and get here so we can start moving in! Ahhhh!
We drove back home after that and were both able to sleep well. I was feeling much better by the next day. We spent a good block of time on Sunday at Lowes going through paint swatches, lighting & faucet hardware and looking at BBQ grills. We're just getting ideas right now, but I hope to have made some decisions by the time closing comes around...so as soon as we get our keys, we will already know exactly want we want/need to do.
So, while being patient can sometimes knock the wind out of me...I'm blessed to have such a wonderful Dh and friends who will always be there to lift me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment