Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Being sick = Sucks!

(Grad school + Teaching) * (New home to-do list + distraction/a little procrastination) = One very fatigued and now sick Julie.

I've self diagnosed myself with bronchitis and I just feel miserable! I felt so confident that I would make it through the "sick season" unscathed...but I've been knocked down hard. I started azithromycin yesterday and have been using an albuterol inhaler today, coupled with advil for my fever & aches. I'm doing a lot of deep breathing despite the cough reflex (to keep my alveoli open) and listening to my lungs about every four hours to make sure that they're not getting worse (so many people have pneumonia right now and I just don't have time for it!). Whats crazy is that I was suppose to have an appointment with my PCP today at 2:30 but when it came time to leave, my truck was frozen solid. I did everything I could to get my doors to open (hot water, pulling, pushing, pounding and even some prayer!) but no success. So, with Cory at work, I had to call the office and reschedule for tomorrow. I'm hoping to get more sleep tonight...but all I've been dreaming about lately is all the house & moving stuff that needs to be done, and I'm afraid that me being sick is going to slow down our move. Patience has never been one of my strengths...

No comments: