Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Baking

Cory and I are headed up to Warsaw early tomorrow morning to celebrate Easter with my family. We're so happy because my sister and her husband Grant are in town as well (all the way from Oklahoma) and it's been just about a year since we've seen them. This will also be our first visit with our niece Gwen in over a year...so we're really excited to get some toddler time in! Since we're traveling, I was somewhat limited on what I could bake to bring with us, so I chose a butter yellow cake recipe and paired it with strawberry cream cheese icing to make....cupcakes! My favorite part of making cupcakes is putting the finishing touches on each one...so I chose clear sugar crystals and pastel nonpareils.



Happy Easter from us!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

2 comments:

D said...

Yum! Those look delicious. :)

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look so beautiful! I myself made a dairy-free, egg-free cake with blueberries that our little cousin could eat. It was not nearly so beautiful, but at least everyone could enjoy it.