Friday was my last clinical day of the semester teaching for Purdue and it was so hard to say good-bye to my students! As tough as it's been this semester with Grad school, moving and teaching, I'm really going to miss our Fridays at St. V's. Despite the few challenges, it's been very rewarding to watch my 15 students grow closer into their role as a RN and to see as a few of them discover that they share my love for OB nursing. Something else I'll miss (besides my students of course!) is the time I was able to spend in the nursery between clinical groups, holding & cuddling babies...so sweet!
I just got word that in the fall I'll have one of my former students back with me as a senior leadership student in OB! Basically, it's like a TA role for this student, she'll attend clinical with me, help make assignments, help with grading and we'll team teach. We get along extremely well and she'll be living here in Indy this summer, so I'm looking forward to spending more time with her before the fall semester starts up.
I just got word that in the fall I'll have one of my former students back with me as a senior leadership student in OB! Basically, it's like a TA role for this student, she'll attend clinical with me, help make assignments, help with grading and we'll team teach. We get along extremely well and she'll be living here in Indy this summer, so I'm looking forward to spending more time with her before the fall semester starts up.
These are the beautiful gerbera daisies that my students gave me on Friday. It was such a sweet surprise and they have really brightened up our kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment