Monday, May 12, 2008

The best plans...

So this weekend, Julie was all prepared to walk across the stage in an "unofficial" graduation ceremony for her grad school. However, life, usual as of late, threw us a curveball. Julie and her parents went out shopping late Saturday afternoon. While she was walking to the first store, one of her flip flops caught on some uneven concrete, she fell down hard, and felt a pop in her foot. So off she was to the ER (they called me and I met up with them at the hospital).

Luckily X-Rays came back negative, but it swelled quite a bit and she was in quite a bit of pain. The doctor diagnosed it as a severe foot sprain. We got home late last night, and she didn't get much sleep. She can put some weight on it, but it hurts pretty bad, even with pain meds. Because of that, she couldn't go through with the ceremony. She was very disappointed, but her parents and I let her know that it's not the ceremony that matters, but the degree itself (which she won't get until August anyway :)

We love you Jules, and don't worry about the ceremony - just heal up and get better!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to add that these photos were taken while I was in a vicodin induced haze.

Anonymous said...

Excellent pics btw! hee heee heee...

Sorry you couldn't go to graduation...but all that hard work has paid off!! On to the next! Love ya!

ps. we gotta get together when you are feeling better. You need to meet Matt...he is really crazy about me!!

Anonymous said...

Awww Sis! Your sad face makes me sad too. :o( I hope you heal fast and get to ditch the crutches soon! Love ya.