Monday, May 19, 2008

~Update on Julie's Foot~

This morning, Cory drove me to my follow up MD appointment for my foot. Our family doctor, Dr. House just shook his head at me and chuckled with Cory when he looked at my foot...teasing me that RN's are always the worst patients. I quickly corrected him to the fact that I am now a WHNP and he can't say that about me anymore, hehehe! He was sorry to hear that I had missed my graduation, but reassured me, like everyone else that it's not the ceremony that makes the degree. So, we recapped what happened on the day I injured my foot, talked about the ER visit and how this past week has been. He examined my foot and did a lot of pushing, pulling and palpating...then decided it would be best to get a MRI since there is still a lot of soft tissue pain. Thankfully, he was able to make a call and get me in for a 2pm MRI today! Cory called his boss, who was kind enough to give him the rest of the day off, so he could chauffeur me to my next appointment. The MRI went fine, it took about an hour to get all the correct angles and views. The tech said that we should have the radiologist's interpretation of my films by Wednesday, so until then, Dr. House wants me to continue staying off of it & taking it easy.

A big thanks to everyone who has called & emailed this morning & afternoon to check up on me :) I'm hanging in there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear the mri went okay and I'm anxious to hear the results. let's see how my morning job hunt goes and perhaps I can come up for a bit in the afternoon. I'll touch base late morning to see what you're up to! meanwhile... keep that foot elevated, chica!

D said...

Wow. It takes that long to get MRI results? That's terrible! Is your doctor really Dr. House? That's funny!

D