Monday, August 25, 2008

A Uterus, a Degree, and a Purse!

Crazy title, huh? Well, I couldn't think of anything better since this post is all about a uterus, a degree and a new purse! So, the story of the uterus - last year, when Cory and I were going through our 2 miscarriages, I found great support on a online pregnancy loss board. Many of the girls and I immediately bonded and to this day still keep in close touch. One of those gals has a heart of gold, and decided to knit me a "happy uterus"! She knows that in addition to TTC I'm a WHNP and work in OB so uteri are my business. It arrived today and I am just in love with it! My happy uterus even has a nuliparous cervix! So, thank you my dear for such a sweet gift, I will treasure it forever!

Now, onto the story of the degree. Some of you may remember that back in 12/07, I finished my graduate teaching certificate through the IU school of nursing. It showed up on my transcript as being completed right away and I thought that was it....but to my great surprise, IU gave me a beautiful "official" certificate, documenting my completion! So, this afternoon, I drove down to the campus that I used to frequent on a weekly basis to pick it up. I was so excited and proud when I saw it that the Indiana University doesn't even bother me, and that is saying a lot! IU won't have my Master's degree certificate ready until October, so I guess this is a preview of what is to come!

And finally, the story of the purse! Purses are one of my most favorite things to shop for. Sometimes it can border on obsession - just ask my Dh! I was online at Zappos.com (which is great by the way!) and I ran into this little North Face shoulder bag and fell in love with her! She is perfect, even down to her name of "Professor Plaid Tan" - which I thought was very fitting for me! So, she is my new fall bag and even though it's not quite fall yet (Sept. 22) I figured it would be okay to start using her a little sooner to get in the spirit!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you like it. The yarn I used is called "Stork" so who knows, it could be a good luck charm!

D said...

pHD?? You are way too ambitious dear! :)