So, you can image how proud I feel when I hear that one of my "baby nurses" HAVE chosen an OB career...and lately, I've had 3 of my former students share this with me. One of these gals wanted to have lunch with me on Tuesday, she graduates in December and was a former student of mine last fall. We had a lovely discussion about her future plans, her love for OB and how happy we were to be "friends". Then she asked me a question that brought tears to my eyes...she asked if Cory and I would attend her Purdue Graduation this December. I cannot tell you how amazing this made me feel - to know that this amazing student & future OB nurse wanted me to be there with her family when she graduates. This is truly the best gift a teacher can receive.
Then as we ended our afternoon together, she pulled out the most adorably wrapped present - and it was for me. She said it was a "gift" for my graduation...and it was a Willow Tree Lane "Angel of Healing". I was so touched by her kindness and just feel very blessed to work with such amazing students.
No comments:
Post a Comment