Sunday, September 28, 2008

Things Around the Albert House

Lately, we've been putting a lot of energy into doing things around our house - we've lived in our home for almost 6 months now and we've had this "to-do" list since we moved in....well, who am I kidding, I had the "to-do" list and my dear husband humors me! We're 95% finished with project "Bathroom re-do" and I'll post pics as soon as it's totally finished.


However, we did get around to finding a home for our established sign! We agonized over where it should be hung since our first night here, so it's a relief to have it up now.




In the front yard, I added a bit of Purdue Pride - totally hardware free (as Cory despises hanging things!) so perhaps an actual flagpole will be coming later.


The next major project that we will be undertaking will be to finish the front room/office space. I have one ridiculously stuffed bookshelf which is currently in the front room-goes to show you all the books & journal articles you tend to accumulate through undergrad and grad school, and it's just not enough space for all our literature. So our plan is to move the desk to the maroon wall, then put up a wall of bookshelves where the desk is currently and then above the desk to put a Pottery Barn inspired shelf where we can rest many frames of photos and our degrees. I think it will look lovely once it's done, but it will be a work in progress for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis - your dining room is stunning! I like how you have your sign on the wall above the table. We put ours in the front entrance hall of our apartment. I'm excited to see the rest of your house next time we are in town!