Sunday, September 28, 2008

I just LOVE those new letters

After my name that is! This past week I received my new Purdue name tag and my first set of Purdue business cards...I know to some it may seem trivial, but seeing those sweet new letters after my name make the past 4 years of hard work worth it! So, here's a pic of my new letters:


The semester is going really well so far, I'm teaching an AM and PM clinical at St. Vincent Women's Hospital in Indy (so I don't have to drive to and from campus every week - yay!). I have 16 students, 8 in each group. I've already had a few of them confess that OB is where their love in nursing is, which makes me just bubble up with excitement for them! I have one male student and bless his heart, OB is not his thing, but he's hanging in there with all us girls. I've had a male student each semester I've taught and I just love the dynamic they bring to clinical - I wish I had more in my groups. This will be week #6/15 for the semester - time is flying by! I was able to do some strategic scheduling this semester and work things so that we have the Friday of Purdue's homecoming game off...which also happens to be the week ofour 2nd wedding anniversary, so we're all looking foward to a little October break!

4 comments:

Savannah said...

I grew up in a little town just outside Lafayette. Although I now live in Michigan I miss my little town with the biggest Purdue fans!

Nicole said...

I love your blog, we have so much in common. I live about a 1/2 hour from Purdue, and was married 10-11-96. I also had several miscarriages, we stopped couting at 10, but now have two beautiful kids, plus the perfect 17 yr old step daughter. Hang in there!!!! It will come. You can check out my blog--thedreadfamilyroberts.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Congrats! What a huge title! I saw your post on thebump.com, hope you don't mind the stalking. I'm bookmarking you! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Julie! Your new "letters" look very professional. You'll have to send me one of your business cards, so I can see it up close for myself. Fall break is in November for me. Any special plans for your 2nd wedding anniversary?