Monday, September 1, 2008

A yummy celebration!

On Saturday, Cory took me out to dinner at Maggiano's Little Italy for a late celebration of finishing my Master's degree. We've just been so busy these last few weeks that when I finished approx. 2 weeks ago, we didn't take the time to really celebrate it. Dinner was so delicious - it's seriously making my tummy grumble right now because I want it again! Over dinner, we had a lovely conversation about how things have/will change now that I have my Master's degree and some of the opportunities for me with Purdue. After dinner, our server presented us with a lovely plate of Vera's Lemon Cookies on the house...let me tell you, even though Cory and I would have never ordered these on our own, they were so good! The perfect mix of sweet & tart with a great texture - again, making me hungry for it all over again! After dinner, Cory gave me the most thoughtful gift...the "Wisdom" and "Love of Learning" Willow Tree Lane girls. I just love these sweet little figurines. I have a little collection of them, but they're still packed up from our move while I try to find the perfect home for them. So for now, my wisdom & love of learning girls will find their home on our fireplace mantle. Thank you again, my sweet Cory Louis!

No comments: