Tuesday, December 16, 2008

House Updates

The same day that we put our Christmas lights up, we decided to take off the old/nasty/dirty brass house numbers and replace them with brand new house numbers that match our outdoor light fixtures. They're oil rubbed bronze and really make quite a difference! Poor Cory, it was so cold that day, but we were determined to get this finished...needless to say, we spent the rest of the day inside getting warm!

Here are the 3 Westminster lanterns that I purchased from Beth (an At Home America consultant) - and after spending some time at Michaels this weekend, I found some inspiration for how I wanted to fill them:

I just adore how adding a small bit of ribbon softens the look of the lanterns! This project was so easy to do. Now, the next part is getting them up on the ledge just above the kitchen cabinets.
This is the other lantern that I found with Beth, and it was so much fun to fill it with festive faux cranberries & make it a table centerpiece for the kitchen!

No comments: