On Monday, 11/24 - I got the call from the IU school of nursing that said our Masters Degree Certificates FINALLY arrived!!! Having been done with the program since 8/08, I cannot tell you how much I've looked forward to actually having this very expensive piece of paper in my possession, ha! I was just about to my breaking point (along with most of my former classmates, I'm sure) of having to explain & provide proof of completion b/c our degrees were not in yet.
So, here she is - it's official now, I'm FINISHED with my Masters degree:
So, after picking up my Masters degree certificate, I headed over to the Methodist campus to take my Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner final written & practical exam. That night was the final meeting for what has been a 12 week journey of 40hrs of classroom didactic, 40hrs of clinical work, and HOURS of studying. After what seemed like an agonizing wait (while our work was graded), I passed!!! So, I am now officially a:
RN, MSN, WHNP, SANE
RN, MSN, WHNP, SANE
There is one final step left for me in this education journey....becoming BOARD CERTIFIED. There is a national certification exam for both WHNP's and SANE's. I'm sending in my registration & application for my WHNP boards this week and will have 3 months to take the test. I'm going to wait to take my SANE exam until I've had some more experience. I am a bit nervous to sit for the exam, but just ready to get it over with. This won't be the first certification exam I've had to take, after my BSN program in '02, I had to complete the NCLEX board exam (which I passed at 75 questions!) so I'm ready to just get it over with. To help me review for my WHNP boards, I have 2 good review books and a stack of flash cards!
No comments:
Post a Comment