Saturday, January 3, 2009

6th week happenings

Today we are 6w4d along - the furthest we've ever made it!! As much as I feel like we deserve a drama & anxiety free pregnancy, we've had nothing but so far! After our US at triage last week, I was feel very confident and sure in this pregnancy being our sticky baby...but a few days ago, I started having those same anxious fears return. I've had some light pink/brownish spotting off and on this week - no bright red, no clots, no cramping, but spotting nonetheless. I've become a TP checking freak! Sometimes I just go to the loo only to check the TP for any spotting!

But on the other hand, I've been having some very reassuring 1st trimester symptoms:
  • Huge & sore bb's
  • Fatigue that makes me need to nap about every other day
  • Unpredictable episodes of nausea
  • Uber-emotional
  • Feeling cold all the time (which is a huge change for me, who is usually always hot!)
  • Dreaded constipation - ugh!
I keep saying "I'm not complaining about my symptoms, just acknowledging what's going on with my body". Cory has been so wonderful with helping to keep me comfortable & distracted as much as possible - he's about at his wits end though from listening to me say "I just don't understand why this is going on" as I have new symptoms, ha! It's not that I "don't understand" why I'm having symptoms, it's just my way of expressing frustration at not being able to fix them. It really is a bizarre feeling to be the pregnant patient right now, rather than the pregnancy care provider - I know everything that is going on with my body, down to the embryonic state, but despite that, it's still difficult to accept that this is just the normal "stuff" every pregnant woman goes through! I guess I'm more comfortable being the reassuring care provider than the anxious patient, ha!

We talk to this baby as much as we can - trying to entice it to stick around for another 33 weeks by telling baby about all the cool things in this world waiting for them. I try to fill my mind & soul with positive & encouraging thoughts - even though right behind them are my anxieties about having another loss. I find myself more often looking down the hallway towards what is currently the "blue room" as it will become the nursery at some point, wondering what sweet, precious baby will be sleeping there.


1 comment:

Ann said...

I LOVE the "sticky baby". I'll add that to my prayers. Congrats, and we're excited for all of you!