Seriously, I thought for sure by now the nausea would be tapering off - but apparently my placenta is just pumping out loads of progesterone to make sure this baby sticks, regardless of what the side effects are to my poor tummy. Plus, my anxiety has been really high these last few days with Cory being out of town, so I'm sure that hasn't helped much either. I don't have another pre-natal visit until Monday and I'm anxious to see what my weight is b/c I'm already down 3lbs so far, and I feel like it will be even more - especially if this wave of nausea continues. So, it's back to the Gatorade, crackers, toast, cereal and yogurt diet......when all I want is a nice filet or bowl of pasta!!! Another challenge that has come up lately is avoiding the baby section in stores or just avoiding baby stores all together! The nesting bug is starting to hit and lately I've been wanting to work on the nursery, go out and look at all things baby related and really start planning (who, me? ha!) but Cory and I agreed to NOT start any of that craziness until after our 2nd trimester US, which will be in about 4-6wks. It's not really that far away, it's just something that I'm very much looking forward to - and I tend to not be a very patient person :)
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
13 weeks = 1/3 of the way done!
I love Tuesdays b/c each Tuesday means that we are another week further along in this pregnancy. This week, our baby is approximately the size of a precious little PEACH - how sweet :) So, how did I celebrate turning 13wks today.....by the return of all day nausea & vomiting again - ugh.
Seriously, I thought for sure by now the nausea would be tapering off - but apparently my placenta is just pumping out loads of progesterone to make sure this baby sticks, regardless of what the side effects are to my poor tummy. Plus, my anxiety has been really high these last few days with Cory being out of town, so I'm sure that hasn't helped much either. I don't have another pre-natal visit until Monday and I'm anxious to see what my weight is b/c I'm already down 3lbs so far, and I feel like it will be even more - especially if this wave of nausea continues. So, it's back to the Gatorade, crackers, toast, cereal and yogurt diet......when all I want is a nice filet or bowl of pasta!!! Another challenge that has come up lately is avoiding the baby section in stores or just avoiding baby stores all together! The nesting bug is starting to hit and lately I've been wanting to work on the nursery, go out and look at all things baby related and really start planning (who, me? ha!) but Cory and I agreed to NOT start any of that craziness until after our 2nd trimester US, which will be in about 4-6wks. It's not really that far away, it's just something that I'm very much looking forward to - and I tend to not be a very patient person :)
Seriously, I thought for sure by now the nausea would be tapering off - but apparently my placenta is just pumping out loads of progesterone to make sure this baby sticks, regardless of what the side effects are to my poor tummy. Plus, my anxiety has been really high these last few days with Cory being out of town, so I'm sure that hasn't helped much either. I don't have another pre-natal visit until Monday and I'm anxious to see what my weight is b/c I'm already down 3lbs so far, and I feel like it will be even more - especially if this wave of nausea continues. So, it's back to the Gatorade, crackers, toast, cereal and yogurt diet......when all I want is a nice filet or bowl of pasta!!! Another challenge that has come up lately is avoiding the baby section in stores or just avoiding baby stores all together! The nesting bug is starting to hit and lately I've been wanting to work on the nursery, go out and look at all things baby related and really start planning (who, me? ha!) but Cory and I agreed to NOT start any of that craziness until after our 2nd trimester US, which will be in about 4-6wks. It's not really that far away, it's just something that I'm very much looking forward to - and I tend to not be a very patient person :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment