We are SO happy to finally be in the 2nd trimester of this pregnancy!!! I know that some lay sources state that the 2nd trimester doesn't start until the 13th week, but we're going by the medical definition! So, our little lime has graduated to a Plum this week :) There's just something so sweet about saying we have a baby Plum growing!

This morning, we had our Nucal Translucency US & screening tests performed at the Maternal Fetal Medicine office at St. Vincent Women's Hospital. It was an amazing experience to be able to see our little Plum in 3-D views and to look so closely at their growing anatomy. Our Plum was so cute - she (yes, Mommy thinks it's a girl) is such a wiggler! Our poor US tech had to try and coax her into the right positions for each measurement! It's so crazy to see her moving around and not be able to feel her yet :) Something else that made our appointment great was that I know all the MFM staff & MD's - and they know me, so it made Cory and I feel extra comfortable & cared for :)
I'm feeling like I'm in a state of transition now. My OB says that "any week now" I should start to have a little belly bump pop out & while that still hasn't happened, I can *really* feel the weight of my growing uterus in my pelvis & on my bladder. I get up at least once a night to go potty (and I NEVER had to do that before pregnancy) and about every other hour while I'm up. Also, something else I'm noticing is that towards the end of the day my lower back/hip area is pretty tight & sore...so Cory has been my massage therapist :)
On a funny note - one of the "other" lovely side effects of growing our baby Plum, is that I'm burping like a frat boy, hehehe. Seriously, it's like how some women get heartburn or constipation...I burp! Cory just giggles when it happens and I'm usually at my wits end by the evening trying to do anything to make it stop. I suppose it could be worse....
I'm all done with the progesterone supplements since we're 12wks now, so I'm hoping with all my might that my nausea will improve a little more rapidly now :) Thankfully, I have an arsenal of anti-emetics to help out, but I'm ready to be at the point in pregnancy where you get your second wind & start feeling "good". Another change that I made in my medication regime is that I stopped my traditional pre-natal viatims and now I take 2 gummy vitamins each day. They have a very similar nutritional composition and taste really good! Cory is teasing me b/c I bought the Disney Princesses bottle of vitamins (they were on sale & had the best nutritional blend) and keeps saying "if we have a boy, and you're taking princess vitamins, he'll kill you"!
Yesterday, we got a package from Cory's parents - and they sent our baby Plum a precious set of books about how Gma & Gpa love them, a sweet teddy bear and an adorable sign to hang in the nursery. They also sent Cory and I each a Willow Tree Lane figurine - and when I opened mine, I just started sobbing b/c I have wanted the "Cherish" figurine since the first time I saw her....and now that I'm pregnant, it meant SO much to receive her. They gave Cory the "New Dad" figurine, and even though the baby isn't here yet, I can just picture Cory holding our sweet little one like in the figurine :)




No comments:
Post a Comment