Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day Weekend

I feel like we've been neglecting our "regular" blog lately since most of our news is pregnancy related & going on Team Baby Albert, ha! So, we finally have some non-baby related updates to post, yay! Cory and I spent Valentines weekend in Warsaw visiting with my parents and brother's family. Scott & Haley are living in Michigan now, so visits home are much easier for them :) This visit was especially special because it was our first time meeting our new niece, Alice Daley White! She is 7wks and just beyond adorable. Her big sister, Gwen was wonderful with her all weekend - giving her hugs & kisses, singing songs for her and dancing! We enjoyed a lot of precious cuddle time with her and even a bit of floor time. I feel so thankful to have a SIL who is so down to earth and willing to share her experiences & challenges as a mom with me as I know that in 6 short months, it will be my turn! Since we were going to be out of town for V-day, Cory surprised me on Thursday with a dozen PINK roses and a small box of my favorite chocolates - dark chocolate caramels from Godiva! So far, my tummy has only let me have one, but boy are they GOOD! Our V-day evening was very low key this year - since food is still a very fickle subject for my tummy, we decided to celebrate the day with a long drive around town, going past lots of landmarks & places that hold memories for me. It was a really nice time and fun to share it with my parents. We came back home early this evening - and while we had a lovely visit, it feels so good to be back in our home. Cory will be headed out of town for work training M-W this week, and as silly as it sounds, this will be only the 2nd time (since we've been married) to be apart for that amount of time...of course he's fine with it, but I've become so clingy these days that I'm going to have to find lots of things to keep me busy while he's gone. I've been given strict instructions that the only thing off limits is shopping, ha! The only other thing that's been going on lately is the work in our office/den/front room. We now have 2 large bookshelves, a printer stand that matches our PB desk and Cory's new desktop computer all set up. I'm hesitant to put pics out on the blog yet b/c we don't have all the books & shelf items in place yet, so as soon as all the organizing is done, I promise to post those pics.

No comments: