Tuesday, March 17, 2009

17 weeks!

Tuesdays are my favorite day of the week because it means we're one week closer to meeting our little one! Today, I'm 17 weeks along, so only 3 more weeks until I'm half way there! Apparently this week, I'm pregnant with a baby onion...yikes, that would account for all my tummy issues and bubble guts, ha! I would much rather think of our baby being something more sweet like an apple!

It's been 3 weeks since my last OB visit, so I was a bit anxious to see how things had been going. Despite my anxiety, I had a great pre-natal visit yesterday...FHR in the 160's, BP normal, +3 lbs (which finally puts me back at my starting weight for pregnancy) and a good report from my physical therapist regarding the back issues I was having a few weeks ago. So, it will be another 3 weeks until I go back - which means we'll know who this little one is at that next visit! Only 9 days left until our big MFM US for boy vs. girl :) I've been continuing to feel quick little flutters in my left lower abdominal area almost every day...yay baby!

This past weekend, Cory and I went to Cincinatti for a day trip to the Ikea store - and it was SO much fun! This was my first real outing since we found out we were pregnant, so it felt good to be "normal" for awhile! The drive didn't take long, we had great weather and got a lot of good walking in. Even though we went to look at one specific piece of furniture, we took out time and browsed through the entire store. I was surprised when looking at their cribs (which get a pretty good rating in the "Baby Bargains" book) at how LOW they were to the ground! They seemed to be designed specifically for shorter parents....which we know Cory and I are most definitely NOT, ha! We were very impressed with the quality & durability of the dresser we wanted. We liked the collection so much that we also bought a matching side table to put next to the glider in the nursery. Here's a picture of the type of knobs I would like to put on if it's a girl!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's the same dresser I have in our bedroom and I love it! Especially the deep drawers on the bottom. I'm excited to see what you are having. Another baby hat to make! yay!!