Tuesday, March 31, 2009

19 weeks today!

Wow - we're practically half way done with this pregnancy! I seriously cannot wait for Owen to get here :) I'm so anxious to meet him & learn all about his little personality! Since we found out that our little one is Owen, the change in our connection with him has been HUGE - being able to call him by name and give him an identity makes him seem so real :) This week, Owen is approximately the size of a Mango!

We have our next pre-natal visit on Thursday afternoon and hopefully it should be uneventful...just a weight, BP, urine, uterine growth and FHR check. Although, Cory and I plan to start a discussion with our OB regarding delivery plans due to the risks of lovenox/heparin & the risks from being positive for lupus anti-coagulant. From what I've read there is a higher risk for pre-eclampsia, which is something I'm very concerned about. Being the eternal care provider and a stubborn patient, I've had a very hard time just letting others care for Owen and I, ha! Ideally, what I would like to have done is either an induction or scheduled C/S at 37wks to help prevent complications from arising should we wait for spontaneous labor to start.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I think you should do 38 weeks and aim for my birthday! :) Good luck with the birth plan!!

Love, Dawn

Jules said...

Auntie Dawn....do you want to plan to spend August here with us :) You know you are the *only* NICU RN/PNP I would totally & completely trust with Owen! I'm flexible, 38wks would be okay too, ha!