Saturday, March 28, 2009

Shopping for boys can be fun too!

These past 3 days have been full of just about every emotion possible! I'm so in love with our little Owen Christopher and cannot wait for him to get here, BUT....it's taken me some time to "be okay" about saying good-bye to all the little girl things I had been envisioning in my mind these past 18 weeks. It's so weird to put into words, but it's like I'm grieving the loss of the daughter I thought I was growing....so no tea parties, no dress up days, no pink shabby-chic nursery, no matching Vera Bradley purses and no mommy - daughter days. However, the adventure of having boy is growing on me....but I still feel like I know NOTHING about boys or raising boys (and I felt SO confident about raising a girl!). If Owen would have been a girl, I had everything already planned & picked out....so since he is a he, it's like I'm starting all over!

Here is Owen's nursery bedding that Cory and I have settled on. It's called "Giggling Turtles" and I just adore how sweet it is :) So, we'll do Owen's room in navy blues, lime greens and most likely khakis.


Here is the diaper bag I'm thinking of for Owen - it's a Vera Bradley messenger bag in the new Cupcakes Green design.
Here is a set of long sleeve onesies that I found for Owen at Gymboree on super sale! I love the navy blue one that says "Prince Charming" :)


Here are four super cute polo shirts & onesies I found for Owen...so he can dress just like his Daddy does :)

Two more onesies, one long sleeve, one short sleeve that I found on sale at Baby Gap and Gymboree.....I just love the little teddy bear on the navy blue!

A footed sleeper for Owen with blue elephants.

A super clearance find at Gymboree - a fleece outfit for Owen with a choo-choo train!

The bib in this picture was given to me by a student of mine on Friday - it seriously made me teary b/c she was SO sweet to do this :)

2 comments:

Dani said...

aww! very cute stuff! :-)

Dawn said...

I LOVE turtles -- the bedding is perfect! And the whale polo shirt is adorable too. I was so disappointed I didn't get to talk to you Thursday, but I want to tell you congratulations again! Glad to know little Owen is healthy.

Love, Dawn