Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm 16 weeks today!!!

Holy smokes....only 4 more weeks until we're half way through this pregnancy!! I have to start off by saying how incredibly thankful & blessed Cory and I are. After our losses, I wasn't sure if God would ever bless us with a child of our own, and here we are at 16wks with things going well and I can't help but feel like THIS IS REALLY IT :) The support from friends & family and our care providers has been beyond wonderful - and it means so much to us. So, without future adieu, here is our 16 week baby avocado, ha!

This has been an interesting week for me. Morning sickness has made a return, I've had 3 episodes of early AM vomiting - 2 of which were very dramatic.....had to pull over on Meridian to avoid vomiting on myself in the Escape and then on Friday, when I was in the middle of teaching clinicals at the hospital, I had to dive for a trash can at the L&D nurses station! At least the 2nd episode had me surrounded by fabulous nurses who fanned me & gave me cool washclothes :) Then on Thursday night, my back was really in bad shape & I was having pretty bad muscle spasms & hip pain, so I had to call my on-call OB...Dr.Hinkle was so kind, she knows my history of back issues and was quick to call in some pregnancy safe pain meds & muscle relaxants to help me through the night. Each day since Thursday, my back has slowly been getting better - thank goodness :) I secretly tried to bargin with baby Albert and told her that if she laid off the back pain, she could give me nausea back, ha! Something else that *might* be going on is the start of baby flutters :) I've felt a few episodes of bubbles or flutters this past week, each on the left side & pretty low in my abdomen and while I'm a bit skeptical, I know that we're really close to the typical time of feeling first movements :)

This coming weekend, Cory and I are planning a trip to Cincinatti, OH to visit the Ikea store (weather pending). We found a fabulous dresser that has a ton of space & can function as a diaper changing station for a great price. Once we find out boy or girl, I plan to replace the icky knobs that come with the dresser for either eleagant glass knobs (for a girl) or modern silver knobs (for a boy). We've talked about going to Cincinatti for a day trip for a long time, since Cory used to live there, so this is the perfect excuse - plus Ikea is so tempramental about having items in stock, and the cost to have it shipped is outrageous! We've also found our crib, but we're still going to wait awhile to order it.

16 more days till we find out boy or girl :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, bless your heart (and Baby Albert's too!). Ick is right! Hopefully the nausea is going to go away SOON! And I think you are right....THIS REALLY is IT! You are having a baby Ms. Julie! :) I love the crib you picked out....that was exactly what I was wanting until we found the fabulous deal on the wrought iron one that Sadie ended up with. You have very good taste. ;)

Jen said...

I love the crib and dresser! They will be perfect for Baby Albert!

Jules said...

Thanks girls - you're both so sweet :) I can't wait to find out boy or girl so I can post decor ideas :)

Dawn said...

LOVE the crib and dresser!! Can't wait to find out if Baby Albert is a girl or boy!!

Love you!!
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Both the crib and dresser are so adorable!! You guys did a great job picking them out. I can't wait to see if my little cousin is a boy or a girl!! I'm so excited!

Love
Kara