Thursday, March 26, 2009

We're having a BOY!

So, Cory and I got a little surprise this morning. We knew that we had our big anatomy scan today and we knew that we wanted to find out the gender of our little one. Based on all the old wives tale signs and the Chinese gender calendar results - we thought for sure that we were having a girl.....however, ironically they were all WRONG - they LIED! We found out this morning at at 8am that we are having a son, Owen Christopher Albert. He is measuring 2 days ahead overall, and in tune with being Cory's son, his limbs are measuring about a week ahead! Our MFM doctor assured us that his measurements were fine - although she did suggest following his growth in the 3rd trimester due to Cory's birth size and the fact that I'm on lovenox. We were able to see all his vital organs, watch doppler flow studies of his circulation and the cord and Cory was finally able to see all the movement that I've been feeling! Owen was very cooperative with his positions today and gave us all the views we needed, he likes to lay on his right arm just like mommy does at night.

Cory is beyond excited about having a son and loves being able to call our little one by name. However, mommy is still is a bit of shock over seeing boy parts on the US today. We feel very lucky and blessed with how healthy Owen is looking and being able to give our baby an identity makes it seem even more real. After the US was done, we sat in the parking lot together and called our family & friends to share the news...Cory did all the talking since I was still overwhelmed with emotions. Cory will post some pictures of Owen later tonight.

So, until then, here is the ONE and ONLY belly picture you will ever see of me :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My very own nephew! Now I can stop borrowing everyone elses!! Can't wait to meet you little Owen!

Love, Aunt Sara

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I thought it was going to be a boy...but it was just a wild guess! I can't wait to meet Owen...right around my birthday!! Yayy! CONGRATULATIONS Mommy and Daddy!

Love you all
Kara

Anonymous said...

Fun picture! We are so excited, and I'll be checking back for the pictures of Owen.

Love, Aunt Chick

Katie said...

Congratulations Julie! He's going to be adorable! I have a cute idea in mind for his hat. And you look adorable with that little ribbon!

elliebelle said...

YAY!! I am so excited for you!!! Little boys are so fun. PS: I love your belly picture. The ribbon is so cute!!