To add even more good news to today, I just got back from a great pre-natal visit! My OB, Dr. Gates, is one of the MD's I worked with as a L&D RN and more recently as an OB nurse educator in the office. Cory and I have a really great relationship with him and enjoy our visits together....which sometimes seem more social than medical, ha! But anyhow, we saw him today and he was so happy with our MFM US results and how well I am doing. My BP was normal, I've lost 5 lbs (and not nausea related -yay!) urine looked good and Owen had a great FHR (that was very easy to find)! Since Cory was able to take the afternoon off, he was able to come with me to my appointment - yay! Dr. Gates gave Cory a hard time when Cory talked about how he never thought he would have a son b/c Dr. Gates has 3 girls....imagine 3 girls at home, your wife AND being an OB-Gyn...poor guy, ha! So, we'll see him again in another 3 weeks.
While we were at the office, I was SO excited to be able to see my former WHNP preceptor, Allison, so I could tell her my great news about passing my boards this AM! She gave me a huge hug and then proceeded to rub my belly!!! It was my first "belly rub" from someone other than Cory and was so sweet :) She knows about our 3 losses, so she really celebrated with us today that we've made it to 19w2d! I was also very *proud* to tell Dr. Gates that I passed as well...but being able to tell the NP that invested so much time into me was special :)
Keep growing strong sweet baby Owen - your Mommy & Daddy *LOVE* you so much and cannot wait to meet you in another 20 weeks :) We feel so blessed that you chose us to be your parents and we wouldn't change one thing about you!
While we were at the office, I was SO excited to be able to see my former WHNP preceptor, Allison, so I could tell her my great news about passing my boards this AM! She gave me a huge hug and then proceeded to rub my belly!!! It was my first "belly rub" from someone other than Cory and was so sweet :) She knows about our 3 losses, so she really celebrated with us today that we've made it to 19w2d! I was also very *proud* to tell Dr. Gates that I passed as well...but being able to tell the NP that invested so much time into me was special :)
Keep growing strong sweet baby Owen - your Mommy & Daddy *LOVE* you so much and cannot wait to meet you in another 20 weeks :) We feel so blessed that you chose us to be your parents and we wouldn't change one thing about you!
No comments:
Post a Comment